Sony在今年E3上發表了最新掌上遊戲機 PSP Go，這台尺寸大小約為PSP一半的PSP Go採用滑蓋式設計，配備 3.8 吋 16:9 液晶螢幕，已確認大小約為 128 x 16.5 x 69 mm，重量約 158 公克，並取消現有機種所配備的 UMD 光碟機，改為內建 16GB 快閃記憶體，透過 PlayStation Network 來下載遊戲與影音等數位內容。
What I Loved:
• The chrome triggers are the perfect level of clicky, and they extrude from the Go’s body at just the right amount.
• With brushed metal, piano black and matte black, it’s a nice looking machine in person with hardware that, for the most part, feels premium.
What I’m Not Sure About:
• Both the D-Pad and main game buttons don’t press down very much. Sure, they were responsive, but it barely felt like you were pushing them down. The feeling would take some getting used to.
• The position of the single analog stick makes the device feel smaller than it really is (in a bad way). And it’s just tough to use in its current, tiny-hand-intended system. I was left wondering, is the PSP Go! small, or are my hands just big?
What I Hated:
• The start/select buttons are just a waste of space on the controller. They could have been stuck anywhere. Instead, they spite you, taking up the spot that the second analog should be. Also, these two buttons simply don’t feel as premium as the rest of the device.
We didn’t get to open and close the Go, and with the system tethered for security, we have no idea how it really feels to carry around and put in your pocket. But our first impression is that, even though it’s not the latest and greatest, the older PSP 3000 will retain a following for the larger-handed gamers in the audience.